Undergraduates within the School of General Studies are expected to make reasonable progress in fulfilling degree requirements, which includes:
- Completing the writing requirement within the first year at GS
- Initiating foreign language study no later than the second year at GS, and making steady progress toward this requirement in each subsequent semester
- Satisfactorily completing at least one core requirement each semester
- Declaring a major before completing 90 points toward the degree
- Making satisfactory progress each year toward the major, once declared
- Maintaining a semester and cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0
GS academic advisors help students plan their schedules so that these requirements are met within the expected time frame.