Requesting IRB Approval
Students submitting proposed research for approval by the Institutional Review Board must:
- Complete the online Human Subjects Protection Training. [Instructions]
- Identify a CU faculty member as a Principal Investigator.
- Complete the Undergraduate Study IRB Approval Request Form.
- Create a consent form. (Samples are available on the Columbia IRB website.)
- File a Conflict of Interests Disclosure Statement.
- Create a research protocol in RASCAL. [Instructions]
- Attach to your RASCAL protocol your completed approval request form and any necessary supplemental documentation (for example, research instrument and consent form).
Questions should be addressed to the faculty advisor overseeing the research or to Victoria Rosner, Dean of Academic Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.